yab_download: Tiny textpattern plugin to offer downloads
I wrote a tiny textpattern plugin for a customer of mine. It’s nothing spectacular, but if someone need it, feel free to download.
What it does
This plugin allows you to offer a download of multiple files (per file id and/or category) with or without a confirmation button. Additionally you can offer an option to download all the files as zip archive on the fly. The names of the files are read from the files description. If no description is given the filenames are displayed.
This plugin has only one tag:
<txp:yab_download />. You have to place it in an individual article.
The following attributes are available:
- files: The IDs of the files, which are for download (seperated by comma). If no files assigned with an ID an error message will displayed in the option field.
- label1: Label for select
- label2: Label for confirmation checkbox
- label3: Label for the submit input
- label4: Label for zip download checkbox
- notice: Error notice, if confirmation is not set but required
- size: Display filesize additionally (values are B, KB,MB, GB,PB).
- confirm : Form used with a confirmation checkbox (values: ‘1’ or some other string)
- formid: html id of the element form, used for anchor, if you use more than one
<txp:yab_download />in a single site, make different entries here; (default
- cats: File categories you will add to download (seperated by comma); will additional displayed with files from
- exclude: IDs of the files you will exclude; Does only work with
- sort: Sort the files from
- zip: Offfers an checkbox with an option to download all offered files as zip instead (values: ‘1’ for zip creation; ‘2’ to force zip creation in memory)
- zipname: the name of the offered zip (default all.zip)
- hidelist: hides the select list of the files, usefull if you offer only one file or offer many files zipped without a seletion (values: ‘1’)
- hidezip: hides the zip checkbox (download as zip is forced), useful if you offer only one file as zip or many files as zip wihtout a file selection; can be combined with ‘hidelist’, so only a download button will be displayed (values: ‘1’)
<txp:yab_download files="1,2,3,4" />
<txp:yab_download files="1,2,3,4" label1="Choose your download" label2="Accept Download at your own risk" label3="Klick here for download" label4="Yeah give me all as zip" notice="You have to accept the condition below" size="MB" formid="form-no-1" confirm="1" cats="category1, category2" exclude="5,7" sort="filename desc" zip="1" zipname="archive.zip" />
The full example above will show you a form with two checkboxes. First one offers an option to download all the files zipped. The second checkbox is a confirmation checkbox.
The offered files will be the files with the file id #1, #2, #3, #4 and all files of the categories category1 and category2. If in category1 or category2 a file with the file id #5 and #7 so these will be excluded from download. The zipped file will be named as archive.zip.
Note on zip creation
If you are running a php version 5.2.0 or above so the attribute
zip="1" will try to create the zip on harddisk instead in memory. If you have php 5.2.0 or above and you have problems with some restrictions like safe_mode, open_basedir etc., so try the attribute
zip="2". This will force the zip creation in memory.
This download of the plugin shows you a real world example.
If you have yab_confirmed_download v0.1 installed, disable or remove it, please! The plugin has been renamed.
- 08-11-23 – v0.1
- 08-11-27 – v0.2
- renamed the plugin to yab_download
- added: confirmation is now optional
- added: support files per categories
- added: sort per category
- added: files exclude
- added: zip-on-the-fly
- added: attribute formid for unique html ids for multiple plugin usage per page
- 08-12-01 – v0.3
- bugfix: filesize of category listing will now correctly calculated
- bugfix: minor code improvement
- 08-12-21 – v0.4
- bugfix: code improvement (see comment below, thanks Geoffrey)
- 09-01-08 – v0.5
- bugfix: code improvement (see comment below, thanks Geoffrey); if a php 5.2.0 is running so zip creation will be on harddisk instead in memory
- 09-11-16 – v0.6
- bugfix: filenames and filedescriptions are now correctly escaped
- added: new attribute ‘hidelist’ hides the file selection list
- added: new attribute ‘hidezip’ hides the download-as-zip checkbox